Vótame en 5linkers.com Confessional, what goes in my head

Thursday 21 July 2011

Disney ! Good or bad ?.... perhaps BOTH !

  Disney. We've all watched the channel, went to the theme parks (I still go there !), watched their movies, sympathised with the characters, and above all allowed it to shape our childhood, it sure shaped my childhood.
  The reason it is today's subject matter is because I was sitting with my baby cousin while she was watching TV. Later on she asked me to change the current channel to the Disney channel. After doing so the first cartoon that pop'ed up was "The emperor's new grove" (a movie I adored), next up was "Kim Possible", then "Recess" (favourite show) and much more... it sounds gay, I know, but I haven't seen these cartoons in years, almost 5 years now, and watching it today conjured up nice images of my childhood. Disney was such a big part in my childhood and growing up that it felt like my 'whole childhood flashed before my eyes'. No I didn't die.
  I, honestly, feel sorry for kids today, because they are being exposed to trash. Now I realise that the cartoons I saw when I was a child were smart and educational, filled with pun's and smart plots and life lessons on self-confidence and many more. Now-a-days they are all about being famous, and "Cool", filled with dead metaphors and cliches. Kids are being taut all about maintaining a sociable outward appearance, and looking good, whereas when I was a kid it was all about accepting differences, and standing up for what you believe in. Over all a lot of character building lessons. This doesn't go for every single cartoon but I'd say 9 out of 10 are just shit. As if someone pitched a bull-shit idea, made a few episodes gotten money for it, because everyone would watch a new show for a while before classifying it as shit, then cancelling it with-in a year or two.
  Man... I grew up watching "The Lion King", "Pinocchio", "Pocahontas", "Cinderella", "Snow-white", "The Hunchback", "Mulan", "Little Mermaid", "Hercules" etc... all classics compared to todays shit HSM crap. But when it comes to those films I would say 2 out of 10 are crap. The one thing you could count on is a proper Amazing Disney film. If you realise, most of the main characters have only one parent that has either been killed during the movie or was already dead. There are only a hand-full of films with both parents present throughout. It has been told that the reason behind it is to inspire kids with one or no parent that they can achieve greatness, and basically not beat themselves about it. But over all if Walt Disney was still alive, I think he would drastically re-ajust the whole thing or completely shut it down. That was on my mind today so I decide it to share it. From now on I'll add a joke-of-the-day at the end of each blog.
This is my confession for today... Peace !
Joke:
Throwing acid is wrong! In some people's eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment